Einar Andreas Rødland
- High throughput sequencing
- Have made the kFM-index data structure for compact de Bruijn subgraph representation.
Also work on analysing somatic mutations in cancer.
- Statistical methods for DNA analyses
- Identification and assessment of over-represented words: potential
DNA marker and signalling sequences.
- Classification of cancer cell subtypes
- Identification of cancer subtypes based on gene expression, copy number variation, etc.
Use of microarray data, incl. normalization and missing value imputation.
- Other projects:
- RNA structures and pseudoknots; prediction of rRNAs and analyses on their
organization in the genome; multiple testing and Simes' procedure.
- Institute for Cancer Research,
Oslo University Hospital, Radiumhospitalet
- MetAction: project for individualised cancer therapy
- Previous affiliations:
- Departement of Informatics, Biomedical Research Group
- Joint Centre for Bioinformatics in Oslo
- Center for Cancer Biomedicine
- Centre for Molecular Biology and Neuroscience (CMBN)
- NR (Norwegian Computing Center)
- SAMBA: Statistical Analysis, Image Analysis and Pattern
- Ph.D. in algebraic geometry.
- Extensive background as chartered consultant offering statistical,
mathematical and analytical expertise.
October 28, 2013.