The home page of Jón Egill Kristjánsson
Current Research Activities:
- Aerosol-cloud-climate interactions. Work Package Leader in the projects BACCHUS and EVA.
- Leader of the Nordic Earth System Modeling network NordicESM.
- Climate engineering: Work package leader in the EU project EuTRACE. Leader of the project EXPECT.
- Interactions between cryosphere-atmosphere-climate. Work Package Leader in the Nordic Center of Excellence project CRAICC. Co-leader of CRYO-MET.
- Aerosols and ice clouds in a sub-Arctic environment - measurements with a troposphere LIDAR. Collaboration with Michael Gausa (ALOMAR) and Sandra Blindheim (ALOMAR).
- Simulations and measurements of atmospheric icing in the projects DAEDALUS and WISLINE. Collaboration with: Adam Durant, Roy Rasmussen (NCAR), Greg Thompson (NCAR).
Post Doctoral Fellows and Project Scientists:
- Kari Alterskjær: BACCHUS project.
- Matthias Hummel: EVA project.
- Helene Østlie Muri: Climate engineering by cirrus cloud removal (EuTRACE project).
- For an overview of previous PostDoctoral fellows click here.
- Bjørg Jenny Kokkvoll Engdahl: "Improved predictions and future changes of atmospheric icing in Norway".
- Inger Helene Hafsahl Karset: "Stratocumulus clouds and the aerosol indirect effect".
- Birthe Marie Rødssæteren Steensen: "Simulation of volcanic ash and smoke plumes in the EMEP model". Main supervisor: Michael Schulz (met.no).
- Camilla Weum Stjern: "The effect of changes in European sulfur emissions on the water cycle". Co-supervisors: Trond Iversen (met.no), Joseph LaCasce, Andreas Stohl (NILU).
- For an overview of previous Ph.D. students click here.
- Mari Fenn Kristiansen: "Is there a positive feedback between Arctic sea ice changes and Arctic stratus?" Co-supervisor: Kari Alterskjær.
- For an overview of previous Master degree students click here.