The home page of Jón Egill Kristjánsson
Current Research Activities:
- Aerosol-climate interactions; in connection with the projects EarthClim, AEROCOM and AERO-CLO-WV.
- Geo-engineering: Work package leader in the EU project EuTRACE.
- Interactions between cryosphere-atmosphere-climate in the projects CRAICC and CRYO-MET. Collaboration with Markku Kulmala (Univ. Helsinki) and Bernd Etzelmüller, among others.
- Time dependent models for energy production in wind parks: Wind park simulator. Collaboration with Erik Berge (Kjeller Vindteknikk) and Statkraft.
- Aerosols and ice clouds in a sub-Arctic environment - measurements with a troposphere LIDAR. Collaboration with Michael Gausa (ALOMAR) and Sandra Blindheim (ALOMAR).
- Forecasting of in-cloud icing. Collaboration with: Bjørn Egil Kringlebotn Nygaard (met.no), Erik Berge (Kjeller Vindteknikk), Knut Harstveit (Kjeller Vindteknikk), Svein Fikke and Lasse Makkonen.
- Kari Alterskjær: BACCHUS project.
- Rolf-Erik Keck: Wind Farm Simulator project.
- Helene Østlie Muri: Climate engineering by cirrus cloud removal (EuTRACE project).
- Jana Sillmann: AERO-CLO-WV project.
- For an overview of previous PostDoctoral fellows click here.
- Birthe Marie Rødssæteren Steensen: "Simulation of volcanic ash and smoke plumes in the EMEP model". Main supervisor: Michael Schulz (met.no).
- Camilla Weum Stjern: "The effect of changes in European sulfur emissions on the water cycle". Co-supervisors: Trond Iversen (met.no), Joseph LaCasce, Andreas Stohl (NILU).
- For an overview of previous Ph.D. students click here.
- Marit Funnemark: "How well can we simulate supercooled water in Arctic clouds?" Co-supervisor: Melissa Anne Pfeffer.
- Rebecca Roggentin: "What is the role of upper-level PV anomalies for the development of polar lows?" Co-supervisor: Bjørn Røsting (met.no).
- For an overview of previous Master degree students click here.