Invited scientific talks/keynotes
· ”Introducing Mental Health through Adaptive Technology via Sensor Data and Machine Learning: The INTROMAT project.”, University of Michigan, 5 June 2018.
· “Artificial Intelligence – State-of-the-art”, Research Council of Norway, Oslo, 5 March 2018.
· ”Artificial Intelligence by Nature Inspired Computing”, Agri-Robotics Summer Camp, Ås, Norway, 4 August 2017
· “Sensing and Reasoning Technology Applied within Mental Health Treatment and Elderly Care Robot Companions”, Graz University of Technology, Austria, 30 June 2017.
· ”Robotics activity at Robotics and Intelligent Systems Group University of Oslo”, Institute For Robotics And Mechatronics at Joanneum Research, Klagenfurt, 29 June 2017.
· “Artificial intelligence - a human technology?” Invited talk at TEDx Oslo, May 3, 2017.
· “Artificial Intelligence – What is it and what can it be applied to? Thematic meeting about Artificial Intelligence, The Norwegian Society of Engineers and Technologists (NITO), Oslo, 27 April 2017
· “Making Systems Intelligent by Biologically Inspired Computing”, Invited talk at Brazilian Institute of Robotics (BIR), SINAI CIMATEC, Salvador, Brazil, April 6, 2017.
· “Opportunities and Challenges with Artificial Intelligence”, Invited talk at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFGRS), Porto Alegre, Brazil, April 4, 2017.
· “Introduction to Machine Learning for Problem Solving”. Invited talk at Norwegian Geotechnical Institute (NGI), Oslo, 10 January 2017
· “Making Technology Adaptive by Biologically Inspired Computing”, Invited talk at Hong Kong University, 24 October 2016.
· “Unleashing Artificial Intelligence in the Real World”, School of Computer Science, Invited talk at University of Manchester, UK, 5 October 2016.
· “Smartphone Analysis of Human Behaviour for Interactive Music Systems”, 4th Conference of the European Society for Research on Internet Interventions (ESRII), Bergen, 22-23 September 2016
· “Artificial Intelligence in Autonomous Systems”, Norwegian Society of Automatic Control (NFA) Conference on Autonomy, Stavanger, 16-17 May, 2016
· “Artificial intelligence and evolutionary algorithms analysis and solution tools”, Norwegian Society of Automatic Control (NFA) Conference on decision support and alarm systems, Oslo, 4 - 5 November 2015
· ”Artificial Intelligence: Can machines become as intelligent as humans?” Invited talk at board meeting at the Norwegian Board of Technology, Oslo, 19 June 2015
· “Robotics in IoT”, HiPEAC Computing Systems Week, Oslo, May 2015
· “Introduction to Artificial Intelligence”, Shell Norway, 28 October 2014.
· “Introduction to Run-time Evolvable and Reconfigurable Hardware”, Guest lecture in course Advanced reconfigurable Systems (ARS, code 32437) 22 Nov 2012 at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain.
· “Self-aware and Self-expressive Active Music Systems”. Awareness Summer School (AWASS 2012), 10-16th June 2012, Edinburg, Napier University
· “Can Run-time Reconfigurable Hardware be more Accessible?” Invited talk at 2011 International Conference on Engineering of Reconfigurable Systems and Algorithms (ERSA’11), July 18, 2011, Las Vegas, US.
· “Exploring Bio-Inspired Computing for Robotics and Intelligent Systems”, Invited talk at University of Vermont, US, April 8th, 2011.
· “Music Technology based on Robotics and Intelligent Systems”, Invited talk at McGill University, Canada, April 7th, 2011.
· “Making Run-time Reconfigurable Hardware more Useful”, Invited talk at University of Southern California (USC), LA,CA. January 28, 2011.
· “Robotics and Intelligent Systems Research at University of Oslo”, Jet Propulsion Laboratory/California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, January 26, 2011.
· “Robotics at University of Oslo”. The Norwegian Robotics Workshop, Trondheim, Norway, 30 Nov 2011.
· “Robotics and Intelligent Systems research group (ROBIN at UiO)”, Invited talk at Cornell Computational Synthesis Laboratory, Cornell University, August 30th, 2010.
· “A New Project to Address Run-Time Recofigurable Hardware Systems” Invited participant/speaker at Dagstuhl Seminar 10281: Dynamically Reconfigurable Architectures, Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, July 11 – 16, 2010.
· “Adaptable System on Chip”, Keynote at Reconfigurable Communication-centric Systems on Chip Conference (ReCoSoC'10). May 17-19, 2010, Karlsruhe, Germany.
· “Evolutionary Computing Applied to Hardware and Robotics”. Invited talk at Faculty of Information Technology, Brno University of Technology (BUT), Brno, Czech Republic, January 20th, 2009.
· ”Adapting Systems by Evolving Hardware”. Invited talk in Computer Systems Colloquium (EE380), Stanford University. January 23rd, 2008.
· Research in Robotics &Intelligent Systems Group, Invited talk at Cornell Computational Synthesis Laboratory, Cornell University, January 20th, 2008
· “Evolutionary Computing and its Application to Signal and Image Classification in Hardware.” Invited talk at Fudan University, China, September 17th, 2007.
· “A Survey on Parts Obsolescence Challenges for the Electronics Industry”, Component Obsolescence Group International Conference (COG’07), UK.
· “Evolvable Hardware Supplementing the Hardware Designer”. Invited talk to First Workshop on Topics of the nEUro-IT.net Roadmap, Antwerp, 21/22 April 2006.
· “Context Switching Reconfigurable Logic”. Dagstuhl Invited participant/speaker at Dagstuhl Seminar 03301: Dynamically Reconfigurable Architectures, Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, July 25-25, 2003.
· A Run-Time Evolvable Hardware Tutorial, Jim Torresen, 2011 International Conference on Engineering of Reconfigurable Systems and Algorithms (ERSA’11), Las Vegas, USA.
· Evolvable Hardware (co-organised with Lukas Sekanina, Brno University of Technology). 2009 NASA /ESA Conference on Adaptive Hardware and Systems (AHS-2009), San Francisco, July, 2009.
· Evolvable Hardware (co-organised with Lukas Sekanina, Brno University of Technology). IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC-2009), Trondheim, May 2009.
· Run-Time Reconfigurable and Adaptive Hardware. 2008 NASA /ESA Conference on Adaptive Hardware and Systems (AHS-2008), The Netherlands, June 2008.
· Evolvable Hardware (co-organised with Kyrre Glette, University of Oslo (Norway) and Marco Platzner and Paul Kaufmann, University of Paderborn (Germany), 21st International Conference on Architecture of Computing Systems, ARCS’08. Dresden, Germany, February 25-28, 2008.
· Reconfigurable Computing. 2nd NASA /ESA Conference on Adaptive Hardware and Systems (AHS-2007). Edinburgh, August 2007.
· Reconfigurable Computing. ECSIS Symposium on Intelligent Systems for Defense and Security (ISDS). September 20-21, 2006, Iasi, Romania
· Reconfigurable Computing by Reconfigurable Logic. 1st NASA/ESA Conference on Adaptive Hardware and Systems (AHS'2006). June 2006, Istanbul, Turkey.
· An Evolvable Hardware Tutorial. In the 14th International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications (FPL'2004), August 2004, Antwerp - Belgium.
· Speeding Up Neural Network Computation by Parallel Processing. Tutorial at International Conference On Neural Information Processing (ICONIP'97), November 1997, Dunedin, New Zealand.
Others scientific talks
· Learning FPGA Design Through Internet and Remote Labs. FPGA-forum 2014, Trondheim.
· New Tools and Techniques for Building Run-time Reconfigurable Systems. FPGA-forum 2012, Trondheim.
· Intern og delvis rekonfigurering på FPGA. FPGA-forum 2008, Trondheim.
· Run-Time Reconfigurable Hardware. FPGA-forum 2007, Trondheim.
· Er “reconfigurable computing” klar for kommersiell anvendelse? DAK/FPGA-forum 2005, Trondheim, oktober 2005.
· Utgåtte komponenter – et problem for norsk elektronikkindustri? Det 58. Studiemøtet Elektronikk og Data, Sundvolden 15.-16. juni 2005.
· Adaptiv dataprosessering i rekonfigurerbar logikk. DAK-forum 2003, Trondheim, oktober 2003.
· Evolusjonær maskinvare. Det 54. Studiemøtet Elektronikk og Data, Lillehammer 14.-15. juni 2001.
Popular science talks (in Norwegian)
§ Interview by Tore Tennøe, Director at Norwegian Board of Technology, about Artificial Intelligence before screening of the movie «Her» at Cinemateket, Oslo, 2 February, 2017
§ Lærende og tilpasningsdyktig teknologi, Akersborg Rotaryklubb, Oslo, 9 Nov 2015
§ Kunstig intelligens og evolusjonære algoritmer som analyse- og løsningsverktøy, Norsk Forening for Automatisering (NFA) konferanse for Beslutningsstøtte og alarmsystemer, Oslo, 4-5 Nov 2015.
§ KUNSTIG INTELLIGENS: Kan maskiner bli like intelligente som mennesker? Har vi noe å frykte?
Norwegian Board of Technology (Teknologirådet), Oslo, 19 June 2015
§ Data fra tidligere pasienter brukt til å effektivisere justering av nivåer for cochlea-implantat for nye pasienter. Norsk Forening for Automatisering (NFA) konferanse for Helse og medisinsk teknologi, Stavanger, 27-28 May, 2015
§ Kunstig Intelligens. Oslo Bokfestival, 12-13 Sept 2014
§ Artificial Intelligence (in Norwegian), Akademisk Vorspiel, organized by the Norwegian student society, 21 March, 2014
§ Robotikk og Intelligente Systemer (ROBIN). Fredagsforum Forsvarets Forskningsinstitutt (FFI), 8 Mai 2009.
Updated March10, 2016