Kent-Andre Mardal, Professor in Mechanics, Department of Mathematics,
University of Oslo
Adjunct Research Scientist,
Simula Research Laboratory
- Oct 25: I will present our work in CBC at CSECONF2017 (Oct 23-25, Simula) -- in memory of Hans Petter Langtangen.
- Sept 27: I will present our work on patient-specific modeling and preconditioning at Enumath 2017, Voss.
- Aug 28: Our paper, Interstitial solute transport in 3D reconstructed neuropil occurs by diffusion rather than bulk flow, (with
Karl Erik Holter, Benjamin Kehlet, Anna Devor, Terrence J. Sejnowski,
Anders M. Dale, Stig W. Omholt, Ole Petter Ottersen, Erlend Arnulf Nagelhus,
and Klas H. Pettersen) appeared in PNAS.
- Aug 14-20: The second week of the nordic graduate course Computational Mathematical Modeling
in beautiful Norfjordeid . Schedule and background material is here .
- Aug 1: Jakob Schreiner started as a PhD-student concerning the modeling of electroconvulsive therapy against major depression (joint project with co-supervisors Aslak Tveito, Leif Oltedal and Ola Skavhaug at XAL).
- June 20: I will present our work on interstitial fluid flow at the
4th Cerebrospinal Fluid Dynamics Symposium, Atlanta.
- June 17: Our paper, "Weakly Imposed Symmetry and Robust Preconditioners for Biot's Consolidation Model" , (with Trygve Bærland, Jeonghun J. Lee, Ragnar Winther)
appeared in CMAM.
- June 13: Our paper, "Robustness of common hemodynamic indicators with respect to numerical resolution in 38 middle cerebral artery aneurysms" , (with Øvind Evju, Jose M. Pozo,
Alejandro F. Frangi) appeared in Plos One.
- June 1: Our paper,
"Robust preconditioners for PDE-constrained optimization with limited observations" ,
(with Magne Nordaas and Bjørn Fredrik Nielsen) appeared
- May 25: I will present operator preconditioning on HPCSE 2017, Ostrava.
- May 19: Magne Noraas defended his PhD-thesis - "Operator preconditioning for PDE-constrained optimisation and multiscale problems".
- May 9: I will present our work on porous media flow in the interstitium on Interpore 2017, Rotterdam
- April 11: I will present our work on turbulence detection in cerebral aneurysms at CMBE 2017.
- March 17: Miroslav Kuchta defended his PhD-thesis - "Preconditioners for singular problems and coupled problems with domains of different dimensionality".
- March 15: Our paper,
"A numerical investigation of intrathecal isobaric drug dispersion within the cervical subarachnoid space", (with
Per Thomas Haga, Giulia Pizzichelli, Mikael Mortensen, Miroslav Kuchta, Soroush H. Pahlavian, Edoardo Sinibaldi,
Bryn A. Martin) appeared in Plos One.
- Feb 26: I will present our work on CSF flow at ASSR 2017, San Diego.
- Jan 13: Øvind Evju defended his PhD-thesis - "Computational hemodynamics in cerebral aneurysms: Robustness of rupture risk indicators under different model assumptions."
- Jan 3: Our paper,
"Parameter-Robust Discretization and Preconditioning of Biot's Consolidation Model", (with Jeonghun J. Lee and Ragnar Winther) appeared in SISC.