Kent-Andre Mardal, Professor in Mechanics, Department of Mathematics,
University of Oslo
Adjunct Research Scientist,
Simula Research Laboratory
- September 19: Our paper Cerebrospinal fluid volumetric net flow rate and direction in idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus appeared online in NeuroImage: Clinical (with Erika Lindstrøm, Geir Ringstad, Per Kristian Eide)
- September 17: Our paper Preconditioning trace coupled 3d-1d systems using fractional Laplacian appeared online in Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations (with Miroslav Kuchta, Mikael Mortensen)
- September 15: Our paper Variational data assimilation for transient blood flow simulations --Cerebral aneurysms as an illustrative example appeared online in International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering (with Simon Funke, Magne Nordaas, Øvind Evju, Martin Alnæs)
- September 14: Collaborating neuroradiologist Geir Andre Ringstad is defending his PhD thesis Imaging cerebrospinal fluid dynamics in idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus.
- September 12: Our paper Laplacian preconditioning of elliptic PDEs: Localization of the
eigenvalues of the discretized operator appeared on arXiv (with Tomas Gergelits, Bjørn Fredrik
Nielsen and Zdenek Strakos) .
- September 12: Benchmark Real-World Variability in the Prediction of Intracranial Aneurysm WallShear Stress: The 2015 International Aneurysm CFD Challenge appeared in Cardiovascular Engineering and Technolog.
- August 20: Our paper On the singular Neumann problem in linear elasticity (with Miroslav Kuchta and Mikael Mortensen) appeared online in Numerical Linear Algebra with Applications.
- August 17: Our paper Fluid dynamics in syringomyelia cavities: Effects of heart rate, CSF velocity, CSF velocity waveform and craniovertebral decompression (with Vegard Vinje, Justin Brucker, Marie Rognes and Victor Haughton) appeared in the Neuroradiology journal.
- August 10: First complete draft of the book about finite element methods called Introduction to Numerical Methods for Variational Problems (with late Hans Petter Langtangen)
- July 12: Our paper Brain-wide glymphatic enhancement and clearance in humans assessed with MRI (with Geir Ringstad, Lars M. Valnes, Anders M. Dale, Are H. Pripp, Svein-Are S. Vatnehol, Kyrre E. Emblem, and Per K. Eide) appeared online in Journal of Clinical Investigation Insight. We even made the cover.
Also Norway's best-selling newspaper reported on our findings here
- June 4: Our paper, Multigrid Methods for Discrete Fractional Sobolev Spaces (with Trygve Bærland and Miroslav Kuchta) is put on arXiv.
- May 11: Our paper, Can the presence of neural probes be neglected in computational modeling of extracellular potentials? (with Alessio Buccino, Miroslav Kuchta, Karoline Jaeger, Torbjorn Ness, Gert Cauwenberghs, Aslak Tveito) is put on bioRxiv.
- April 23: Our paper, A mixed finite element method for nearly incompressible multiple-network poroelasticity, (with Jeonghun J. Lee, Eleonora Piersanti, and Marie E. Rognes) is put on arXiv.
- March 22: Our paper,
Slope limiting the velocity field in a discontinuous Galerkin divergence free two-phase flow solver, (with Tormod Landet and Mikael Mortensen) is put on arXiv.
- March 14: Our paper, Sub-voxel perfusion modeling in terms of coupled 3d-1d problem, (with Karl Erik Holter and Miroslav Kuchta) for the ENUMATH 2017 Proceeding is put on arXiv.
- Feb 21: Our paper,
Comparison of phase-contrast MR and flow simulations for the study of CSF dynamics in the cervical spine, (with Erika Kristina Lindstrøm, Jakob Schreiner, Geir Andre Ringstad, Victor Haughton, Per Kristian Eide) appeared online in the Neuroradiology journal.
- Feb 2: Collaborator at astrophysics, Dag Sverre Seljebotn, defends his thesis
Computational techniques for efficient Bayesian analysis of the Cosmic Microwave Background
- Des 15: Collaborating neurosurgeon Radek Fric defends his PhD-thesis The pathophysiology of Chiari malformation Type I with respect to the static and pulsatile intracranial pressure"
- Nov 30: Our paper, Non-invasive assessment of pulsatile intracranial pressure with phase-contrast magnetic resonance imaging, (with
Geir Ringstad, Erika Kristina Lindstrøm, Svein Are Sirirud Vatnehol, Kyrre Eeg Emblem, Per Kristian Eide) appeared online in Plos One.
- Nov 9: Our paper, Numerical study of intrathecal drug delivery to a permeable spinal cord: effect of catheter position and angle, (with Giulia Pizzichelli, Benjamin Kehlet, Øvind Evju, Marie Rognes, and Edoardo Sinibaldi) appeared online in Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering.
- Oct 3: Our paper, Multi-resolution Bayesian CMB component separation through Wiener-filtering with a pseudo-inverse preconditioner , (with Dag Sverre Seljebotn, Trygve Bærland, Hans Kristian Eriksen, and Ingunn Wehus) was submitted to arXiv.
- Oct 3: Our paper, A cell-based framework for numerical modeling of electrical conduction in cardiac tissue, (with Aslak Tveito, Karoline Jæger, Miroslav Kuchta, and Marie Rognes) appeared in Frontier, computational physics.
- Aug 28: Our paper, Interstitial solute transport in 3D reconstructed neuropil occurs by diffusion rather than bulk flow, (with
Karl Erik Holter, Benjamin Kehlet, Anna Devor, Terrence J. Sejnowski,
Anders M. Dale, Stig W. Omholt, Ole Petter Ottersen, Erlend Arnulf Nagelhus,
and Klas H. Pettersen) appeared in PNAS.
- Aug 1: Jakob Schreiner started as a PhD-student concerning the modeling of electroconvulsive therapy against major depression (joint project with co-supervisors Aslak Tveito, Leif Oltedal and Ola Skavhaug at XAL).
- June 17: Our paper, "Weakly Imposed Symmetry and Robust Preconditioners for Biot's Consolidation Model" , (with Trygve Bærland, Jeonghun J. Lee, Ragnar Winther)
appeared in CMAM.
- June 13: Our paper, "Robustness of common hemodynamic indicators with respect to numerical resolution in 38 middle cerebral artery aneurysms" , (with Øvind Evju, Jose M. Pozo,
Alejandro F. Frangi) appeared in Plos One.
- June 1: Our paper,
"Robust preconditioners for PDE-constrained optimization with limited observations" ,
(with Magne Nordaas and Bjørn Fredrik Nielsen) appeared
- May 19: Magne Noraas defended his PhD-thesis - "Operator preconditioning for PDE-constrained optimisation and multiscale problems".
- March 17: Miroslav Kuchta defended his PhD-thesis - "Preconditioners for singular problems and coupled problems with domains of different dimensionality".
- March 15: Our paper,
"A numerical investigation of intrathecal isobaric drug dispersion within the cervical subarachnoid space", (with
Per Thomas Haga, Giulia Pizzichelli, Mikael Mortensen, Miroslav Kuchta, Soroush H. Pahlavian, Edoardo Sinibaldi,
Bryn A. Martin) appeared in Plos One.
- Jan 13: Øvind Evju defended his PhD-thesis - "Computational hemodynamics in cerebral aneurysms: Robustness of rupture risk indicators under different model assumptions."
- Jan 13: Our paper,
Direct numerical simulation of transitional hydrodynamics of the cerebrospinal fluid in Chiari I malformation: The role of cranio-vertebral junction , (with Kartik Jain, Geir Ringstad, and Per Kristian Eide) appeared in International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering.
- Jan 3: Our paper,
"Parameter-Robust Discretization and Preconditioning of Biot's Consolidation Model", (with Jeonghun J. Lee and Ragnar Winther) appeared in SISC.