Faculty of Theology,
With bibliography, links to centres, courses and programs in Interreligious Studies at other universities worldwide
Since 2000, the Faculty of Theology at the University of Oslo has been
developing a new area for research and teaching under the heading of
Courses including the perspective of interreligious relations are included in the Faculty's undergraduate programs. At graduate level, interreligious studies constitute an important part of the master programs of Religion and Society and Intercontextual Theology.
In 2005, the Faculty of Theology established a chair in Interreligious Studies which is currently held by Professor Oddbjørn Leirvik. Leirvik is a founding member of the European Society for Intercultural Theology and Interreligious Studies (ESITIS).
ESITIS publishes the journal Studies in Interreligious Dialogue.
In 2013, the American Academy of Religion welcomed an Interreligious and Interfatih Studies Group.
BOOKS AND ARTICLES ON INTERRELIGIOUS STUDIES AS AN ACADEMIC FIELD/DISCIPLINE:
· Hans Gustafson: “Doing Theology Interreligiously and Interreligious Studies.” In Finding all things in God. Pansacramentalism and Doing Theology Interreligiously. Eugene, Oregon: Pickwick Publications, pp. 299-312.
· Hans Gustafson: “Interreligious and Interfaith Studies in relation to Religious Studies and Theological Studies.” Stateofformation.org, 6 January 2015 (online).
· Oddbjørn Leirvik: Interreligious Studies. A Relational Approach to Religious Activism and the Study of Religion. London: Bloomsbury 2014.
· Paul Hedges: "Editorial Introduction: Interreligious Studies", Journal for the Academic Study of Religion, Vol. 27, No. 2, 2014, pp. 127-131. Online.
· Paul Hedges: "Interreligious Studies: A New Direction in the Study of Religion?" Bulletin of the British Association for the Study of Religions, May 2014.
· Oddbjørn Leirvik: "Intereligious Studies: a Relational Approach to the Study of Religion". Journal of Interreligious Studies 13, February 18, 2014. Online.
· Joshua Stanton: "Inter-religious Studies: A Field of its Own?", Huffington Post 22.02.2014. Online.
· Eboo Patel: "Toward a Field of Interfaith Studies", Association of American Colleges & Universities, Fall 2013, Vol. 99, No.4.
· Paul Hedges: "Interreligious Studies", in Runehov, A. and Oviedo, L. (eds) Encyclopedia of Sciences and Religion. New York: Springer 2013, pp. 1076–1080.
· David Cheetham: "The University and Interfaith Education" i Studies in Interreligious Dialogue, 2005: 1, pp. 16-35.
· Scott Daniel Dunbar: "The place of interreligious dialogue in the academic study of religion", Journal of Ecumenical Studies 1998: 3-4. Questia link.
See separate bibliography.
· Journal of Ecumenical Studies (since 1963 – link)
· Studies in Interreligious Dialogue (since 1991– link)
· Interreligious Insight. A Journal of Dialogue and Engagement (since 2003 – link)
· Journal of Inter-Religious Studies (since 2009 – link)
UNIVERSITY INSTITUTIONS WITH PROGRAMS/CENTRES FOR INTERRELIGIOUS STUDIES