Phone: +47 22004704
Official homepage: Taoyuan Wei at CICERO
Comprehensive national accounting, energy economics, climate change
· National accouting on input-output survey, accounting and analysis at National Bureau of Statistics of China since 1995.
· Study on environmental and development economics since 2004 and PhD research on accounting for the income arising from nonrenewable resources since 2006 at the University of Oslo.
· CGE modeling and analysis conducted in China since 1998 and in Norway since 2004, on emissions to air from fossil fuel use in China and effects on poverty and net carbon sequestration from alternative ownership to a CDM tree planting project in Tanzania.
· Macroeconomic modeling and analysis in research projects related to climate change issues at CICERO since 2009 (the CGE model: GRACE).
· Research on rebound effects of energy efficiency improvement, one of the key measures commonly suggested for climate change mitigation, since 2005.
Estimation of global rebound effect caused by energy efficiency improvement (Coauthor: Y. Liu) Energy Economics 66 (2017) 27-34 (popular article; GRACE codes without GTAP data)
Market and non-market policies for renewable energy diffusion: a unifying framework and empirical evidence from China’s wind power sector (Coauthor: Y. Liu) The Energy Journal, Vol. 37, SI1, 195-210. Annex.
Wave transition in household energy use (Coauthors: R. Zhang, J. Sun, and Q. Shi) Technological Forecasting & Social Change 102 (2016) 297-308
Energy market impacts of nuclear power phase-out policies (Coauthors: S. Glomsrød, T. Mideksa, and B. Samset) Mitigation and Adaptation of Strategies for Global Change 20 (2015) 1511-1527
Bioenergy consumption in rural China: Evidence from a survey in three provinces (Coauthors: R. Zhang, S. Glomsrød and Q. Shi) Energy Policy 75 (2014) 136-145
Household energy use and carbon emissions in China: A decomposition analysis (Coauthor: Q. Zhu) Environmental Policy and Governance 25(2015) 316-329
A general equilibrium view of global rebound effects Energy Economics 32 (2010) 661-672
Coal cleaning: a viable strategy for reduced carbon emissions and improved environment in China? (Coauthor: S. Glomsrød) Energy Policy 33 (2005) 525-42
A warmer policy for a colder climate: Can China both reduce poverty and cap carbon emissions? (Coauthors: S. Glomsrød, B. Aamaas, M. Lund, and B. Samset) Science of the Total Environment 568 (2016) 236-244
An economic evaluation of solar radiation management (Coauthors: A. Aaheim, B. Romstad, J.-E. Kristjansson, H. Muri, U. Niemeier, and H. Schmidt) Science of the Total Environment 532 (2015) 61-69
Distributive fairness: A mutual recognition approach (Coauthor: A. Underdal) Environmental Science and Policy 51 (2015) 35-44
Extreme weather, food security and the capacity to adapt - the case of crops in China (Coauthors: S. Glomsrød and T. Zhang) Food Security, 9(3), 523-535
Climate change impacts on crop yield: Evidence from China (Coauthors: T. Cherry, S. Glomrød, and T. Zhang) Science of the Total Environment 499 (2014) 133-140
Impacts and adaptation to climate change in European economies (Coauthors: A. Aaheim, H. Amundsen, and T. Dokken) Global Environmental Change 22 (2012) 959–968
What STIRPAT tells about effects of population and affluence on the environment? Ecological Economics 72 (2011): pp.70-74
Comprehensive national accounting
Environmental and Resource Economics 60 (2015) 579-581
Resource and Energy Economics 35 (2013) 316-328
Capital gains and income arising from nonrenewable resources Environmental and Resource Economics 52 (2012) 293-300
Sectoral income (Coauthor: Geir B. Asheim) Environmental and Resource Economics 42 (2009) 65-87
Articles in Chinese
(合作者: 朱勤)人口研究2015, 39(3): 3-17
居民消费视角下人口城镇化对碳排放的影响 (合作者: 朱勤) 中国人口·资源与环境2013(11) 24-32
上海碳排放强度结构分解分析 (合作者: 付雪，王桂新) 资源科学2011, 33（11）2124-2130
征收碳税对中国经济与温室气体排放的影响 (合作者: S. Glomsrød) 世界经济与政治2002 年第8 期
世界石油价格上涨对我国经济的影响 (合作者: 何晓群) 经济理论与经济管理2002 年第4 期
Seminars and workshops
(Caution: Please contact the speaker for citations!!!)