Biography of Tom Victor Segalstad
- Born in Norway in 1949.
- University degrees (natural sciences with geology) from the University of Oslo.
- Has conducted university research, publishing, and teaching in geochemistry, mineralogy,
petrology, volcanology, structural geology, ore geology, and geophysics at the University
of Oslo, Norway, and the Pennsylvania State University, USA.
- At present keeping a professional position as Associate Professor of Resource- and Environmental Geology at the
University of Oslo.
- Past Head of the Geological Museum at the University of Oslo (for a total of 12 years).
- Past Head of the Natural History Museums and Botanical Garden of the University of
- Member of different international and national professional working groups and
committees, including Expert Reviewer to the Intergovernmental Panel of Climate Change (IPCC).
Current research interests:
- General geochemistry (the chemistry of the Earth).
- Metallogenesis (how mineral deposits and ore deposits form).
- Igneous petrogenesis (how magmatic rocks form).
- CO2 and the "Greenhouse Effect" (how CO2 simply cannot cause "global warming").
Return to Homepage
Last Updated Oct. 25, 2010 by Tom V. Segalstad