I have (got it on friday 13.june 2008) a PhD degree in Solarphysics, working with data from the Swedish 1-m Solar Telescope (SST) to investigate the nature of small scale magnetic features in the photosphere and the Chromosphere.
I have included my pubished and submitted papers here:
1. Øystein Langangen, Mats Carlsson, Luc Rouppe van der Voort and Robert F. Stein
The Astrophysical Journal, 655:615-623, 2007 January 20VELOCITIES MEASURED IN SMALL-SCALE SOLAR MAGNETIC ELEMENTS
2. Øystein Langangen, Mats Carlsson, Luc Rouppe van der Voort, and Viggo Hansteen and Bart De Pontieu
The Astrophysical Journal, 673:1194-1200, 2008 February 1SPECTROSCOPIC MEASUREMENTS OF DYNAMIC FIBRILS IN THE CA II 8662 A LINE
3. Øystein Langangen, Luc Rouppe van der Voort, and Yong Lin
The Astrophysical Journal, 673:1201-1208, 2008 February 1MEASUREMENTS OF PLASMA MOTIONS IN DYNAMIC FIBRILS
4. Ø. Langangen, B. De Pontieu, M. Carlsson, V. H. Hansteen, G. Cauzzi, and K. Reardon
The Astrophysical Journal Letters, 679: L167-L170, 2008 June 1SEARCH FOR HIGH VELOCITIES IN THE DISK COUNTERPART OF TYPE II SPICULES.
5. H. K. Eriksen, J. R. Kristiansen, Ø. Langangen, and I. K. Wehus
American Journal of Physics, March 2009, Volume 77, Issue 3, pp. 224How fast could Usain Bolt have run? A dynamical study.
6. Øystein Langangen and Mats Carlsson
The Astrophysical Journal, 696:1892-1898, 2009 May 10THE TEMPERATURE DIAGNOSTIC PROPERTIES OF THE MG I 457.1 NM LINE
7. Y. Lin, R. Soler, O. Engvold, J. L. Ballester, Ø. Langangen, R. Oliver, and L. H. M. Rouppe van der Voort
The Astrophysical Journal, 704:870-876, 2009 October 10SWAYING THREADS OF A SOLAR FILAMENT
8. Jan Ohlberger, Øystein Langangen, Eric Edeline, Esben Moland Olsen, Ian J. Winfield, Janice M.Fletcher,
J. Ben James, Nils Christian Stenseth and Leif Asbjørn Vøllestad
Proceedings of the Royal Society B, January 7 2011, 278:35-41Pathogen-induced rapid evolution in a vertibrate life-history trait
9. A. Atickem, L. E. Loe, Ø. Langangen, E. K. Rueness, A. Bekele and N. C. Stenseth
Animal Conservation, August 2011, 14:409-418.Estimating population size and habitat suitability for mountain nyala in areas with different protection status
10. Øystein Langangen, Eric Edeline, Jan Ohlberger, Ian J. Winfield, Janice M. Fletcher, J. Ben James, Nils Chr. Stenseth and L. Asbjørn VøllestadSix decades of northern pike and european perch population dynamics in Windermere
Fisheries Research, April 2011, 109:131-139---------
In review11. Jan Ohlberger, Øystein Langangen, Eric Edeline, David Claessen, Ian J. Winfield, Nils Chr. Stenseth, L. Asbjørn Vøllestad
Stage-specific biomass compensation by juveniles in response to increased adult mortality in a natural fish population
Ecology, In press
Interference of Light in Michelson-Morley Interferometer: A Quantum Optical Approach
Amercian Journal of Physics, In review.
Community-level consequences of cannibalism
American Naturalist, Submitted
Recently (since march 2009) I have been working as a Post Doc at CEES (Center for ecology and evolutionary synthesis).
At CEES I am working on Perch and Pike population modeles in connection with lake Windermere.
Pictures from Perch fishing on Windermere
Here are the lognotes from 2008 SST observation campaign.
Any complaints about this page? talk to this guy ..